Rough notes on ideas after going to aikido class this morning:
1. Want to properly learn: bokken kata #2, both jo katas. I want to go to weapons class- and now I can.
2. Focus should be on refining movement at this level. I find this boring. Arrogant for me to think I know all there is about any technique, but my mind isn’t properly open to finer details right now.
3. Draining: teaching a class with only 1 or 2 students. I like larger classes. The size of classes on any given night isn’t really in my control.
4. Also difficult: waking up early on Saturdays. A change in schedule, at least temporarily, is the best jump-start.
5. In theory, yes, I would like to hang out with these people off the mat. In reality, I don’t. They are great people, though– I still think very highly of folks.
6. Do these reasons still apply? Psychological benefits and challenges seem to have waned.
7. It’d be good if I can video myself to look at weak points. Maybe I should ask for this.
8. Still feeling stuck.